Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thelma and Louise does Orewa!!

Well I booked into a scrap retreat with Angie, who I have turned to the dark side!! It was held at Orewa which is further up then Auckland. So I have never driven that far before. 2 1/2 hours later we arrived. I had called it our "Thelma and Louise trip" (from the film which Ange hadn't seen so didn't get it), it was our get away from the family, a well earn rest.
The retreat didn't start till the Sat morning, so the Friday night we went and had a curry (it was yum) and a glass of wine (or two) in the hotel room, and a good gab and laugh.
The retreat was in the hotel, so we popped around with all my stuff, minus my tote - I can't believe that I left my tote with all my tools etc behind!! (Stevie said that there was no way he was going to bring up, when I told him I'd left it behind on the Friday night - spoilt sport!!). There was a class on the Saturday which was designed by Melissa (the organiser) herself. She cut out the scallop frame using her machine, which is like my silhouette but it takes 12" paper (no I do not need one, especially as I don't use my silhouette as much as I should - need to find out how too), she was having probs with it for some of us and mine was all torn. Melissa felt terrible but I saw it as a challenge to work with. The design took me out of my comfort zone, so well done on that one Melissa, and went so well with the piccies from Liz's wedding. I really enjoyed doing it. I took a long time so didn't get too much done in the evening especially as we got kicked out of the room at 10.00pm!!
Next morning, after a shower (or should I say a hose down....you had to be there!!) we started again, another class which was equally fabby and went great with a piccy of me and mum at the wedding. I changed it a bit, well you have to don't you?!? and was so pleased with the result. I managed to start a couple of layouts to finish at home when I have all my stuff (and I don't just mean my tote!!) to hand.
Then after goodbyes and some piccies it was a trip back down to sleepy Cambridge and the families. Seems they missed us both and that last all of 5 mins hey Ange!!
But the retreat was really good and we really enjoyed it. They were a good group of girls and we had a laugh and I good time. I love crops and miss them soooo much.
Oh did I tell you that I forgot my tote!!

The hotel we stayed in

The girls busy working - see we did get stuff done as well as chatting!


The Sunday class




The Saturday Class - Melissa's



See Thelma and Louise (you'll have to wait till the layout)






2 comments:

  1. Jan, I love how your layouts turned out. So glad you could come for the weekend - you certainly added to the fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Melissa and thanks for the fabby weekend, we loved it. Have you got the group piccy??? Haven't seen it on your blog?? Oh and when's your next one LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete