Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween


Well it's another Halloween and I must admit sometimes these are the times I miss things about the UK. For Halloween we would dress the house up (we still do to an extent) with purple and pumpkin lights (it's too light to see them so we don't). The kids would go round with Stevie to the neighbouring houses (who most 'did' trick or treat) now the kids go themselves (in fact Key wasn't in stayed at a friends after 2 birthday parties one which was paintballing) so Lou asked some friends around who have never done trick or treating before. I dressed up to open the doors for the trick or treaters (we had ONE set!! so lots of lollies going to be eaten by us).
But anyway the girls had fun 'duck appling' (no chestnuts though not in season so we used strawberries which are).









4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, visiting from Shimmelles class.

    I so agree with you about halloween not being the same in NZ and people seem to think it is an american thing and not realise that trick and treating etc is a really old UK thing. Goood so see you doing ducking and biting the doughnut - my gran used to use a scone covered in syrup - very messy.

    thanks for your comments on my blog, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a great time - whenever I go across, I sail into Liverpool - but I guess you might know that already - I have family in NZ too. Love your photos! (from Shim's class)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab photos, it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time visitor to your blog (from Shimelle's class). Love the font that titles your posts and what a great job you do sharing insight into your life.
    Thanks for posting!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete