Sunday, October 11, 2009

Farewell dear Rose.

Well one of our ex batts has been sick for a few weeks now. We tried everything we could (yes we even took her the vets) and boy did she fight. I said to the kids that it proves that she had something to live for. But she went down hill again and we could see that the fight was being lost. When I left to go to Orewa I could see she was dying and when I said goodbye I knew it was for the final time. It seems she last till the Saturday morning, when everyone got up (Kieran had a match)and the kids were with her in the bathroom, Stevie had gone into the kitchen, she looked around at the kids(who were stroking her and crying) and gave a big breath and passed.
She was our favourite (I know we shouldn't have them but) as she was so tame and loved being picked up and fussed. It's so sad and unfair but at least she had a couple of months of freedom and although she never saw the summer, she did get to see the sunshine. She was able to be a chicken and was loved for the first time in her life and when she died she was surrounded by love.
So she is buried where she loved to scratch for worms (see entry of spring is here).

Here are a few of my Fav photos of her.
(she is the one on my shoulder)

With Paddy

Key showing her to my mum on web cam.



We will all miss her.


Gone but not forgotten. Free at last xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment